We are open to serve you, answer questions or schedule an appointment during the following hours:
Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
We close for lunch from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Thank you for selecting our office to meet your child's dental needs. Our office is specifically designed for treating children from infancy through adolescence, as well as the medically and physically compromised.
The philosophy of our office is focused on the prevention of dental disease through education and early treatment. Our commitment is to provide your child with the best possible dental health care in a caring, warm and FUN environment.
Our goals are to have our families look forward to coming back to see us and to build a generation that likes to go to the dentist!!
Your scheduled appointment is reserved specifically for your child. Any change in this appointment affects many patients. If a cancellation is unavoidable, please call the office at least 24 hours in advance so that we may give that time to another patient.
We are aware of school policies that make it more difficult for children to be out of school for any reason. However, MEDICAL AND DENTAL appointments are EXCUSED ABSENCES with a doctor’s school pass and a signature stating that the child was in the office.
We would like to see all school-age children after school. This is not possible. Therefore, to make sure everyone has a fair share of after school appointments, the following guidelines have been set.
- Children under five years of age will be scheduled between the hours of 8:30 AM and 12:30 PM. This leaves after school hours open for older children. When the five-year old enters grades 1 through 12, he/she too will have access to after school appointments.
- All restorative (fillings, extractions, etc.) and orthodontic (putting on braces, etc) procedures are scheduled in the morning. Children as well as adults are more prepared and do better in the morning for these types of procedures.
- Please plan to arrive 5 minutes or more before your scheduled appointment. This will allow time to complete any additional paperwork and enable us to see your child on time.
- We strive to see all patients on time for their scheduled appointment. There are times when our schedule is delayed in order to accommodate an injured child or an emergency. Please accept our apology in advance should this occur during your appointment. We will do exactly the same for your child should they need emergency treatment.
- If you arrive 10-15 minutes late for your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule for the next appointment time.
- Broken or missed appointments affect many people. If two (2) broken/missed appointments occur or two (2) cancellations without 24 hour notice, our office reserves the right to NOT schedule any subsequent appointments. A “broken appointment” fee may also be charged.
Payment of Fees
Please be aware that the parent bringing the child to our office is legally responsible for payment of all charges. We cannot send statements to other persons. Payment is requested at each appointment as service is rendered and can be made by cash, check, or MasterCard/Visa. We now accept Discover.
Accounts are handled differently for our orthodontic patients. For our patients with dental insurance, we will accept payment for further treatment directly from your insurance company; however, we ask you to pay non-covered fees as treatment progresses. If we do not receive payment within (5) weeks after completion of treatment, you will be expected to pay for all dental services. In the event of duplicate payment, you will be reimbursed. Please bring current insurance information with you to each appointment.
Please call our office as soon after the accident as possible, and we will see your child immediately if necessary. If a baby tooth is knocked out, do not replace it. If a permanent tooth is knocked out, rinse it gently, but DO NOT touch the root. If possible, reinsert the tooth in the socket. If this is not possible, keep the tooth moist (place in milk if possible) and call our office immediately. The first 30-60 minutes are critical to saving the tooth.
Children are frequently subject to accidents. In order to accommodate an injured child, our schedule may be delayed. Please accept our apologies ahead of time should this happen during your child’s appointment.
Infectious Disease Control
When you visit our office, you will observe the many measures practiced by the doctor and staff to ensure you child’s protection from contact with bacteria and viruses. Special equipment such as ultrasonic cleaners and steam, chemical and dry heat sterilizers are used routinely. The use of many disposable instruments, materials, masks, and gloves guard against cross infection. Your child’s overall health and well being will always be a top priority in our office.
Confirmation of Appointments
We use a computerized system to confirm your child’s dental appointments. It is very important that you listen to the entire recording and press the appropriate buttons. This enables us to prepare for your child’s appointment. These calls will be made between 5:00 PM and 8:30 PM two working days prior to the scheduled appointment date. If no response is selected or no one is home and a message is left on your answering machine, our office will either call your at home or at work the day before the appointment to confirm the appointment. Again, if we leave a message, please try to call and confirm the appointment by calling our office and leaving a message on our machine.
Thank you for your assistance and please remember that this is a courtesy service we offer for our patients.